It’s been a while since I’ve set a monthly TBR, I don’t usually do them because I always end up feeling really restricted and like I have to read only those books. But, I also keep skipping over books on my TBR shelves because I’m “not quite ready to read that yet” so this month I randomly selected (using the good old paper slips in the jar method, these books are marked with an +) a few from my shelves and I also went a little wild with my library’s hold feature 😅
I figured sharing them here with you would keep me motivated to climb this small mountain of books I have in store for me.
I should probably start with what I’m already reading as I’ve gotten a bit of a jump start on my pile already:
– Beatrice & Virgil by Yann Martell + – I’m about halfway through this already, I loved Life of Pi and Martell’s writing style in general but I’m finding this one a tad sluggish.
– Smoke Gets in Your Eyes: And Other Lessons From the Crematory by Caitlin Doughty – Smoke Gets in Your Eyes is an autobiography about Doughty’s time in the cremation industry and it’s so fascinating in a really morbid kind of way.
I update my current reads periodically on goodreads if you want to follow along with my thoughts on these.
from my shelves
– White Space by Ilsa J. Bick 2.75/5 ⭐ + – I’ve actually already finished this one (I really did mean it when I said jump start), you can read my full review here. This book had a great premise but it was just so confusing and I’m not a huge fan.
– Bone Gap by Laura Ruby +
– Library of Souls by Ransom Riggs
I don’t usually include books that I read for class in my blogging but since I’m going to be reading quite a few this month I thought I’d share them:
– Margaret Atwood: A Biography by Nathalie Cooke
– The Door by Margaret Atwood
– The Circle Game by Margaret Atwood
– Morning in the Burned House by Margaret Atwood
These are all books that I’ve got holds on, they’re probably more apart of a ‘I hope I’ll get to read these this month’ pile rather than a TBR but anyway:
– Girl in Pieces by Kathleen Glasgow
– The Lovely Reckless by Kami Garcia
– The May Queen Murders by Sarah Jude
– The X – Files Origins: Agents of Chaos by Kami Garcia
– The Princess Saves Herself In This One by Amanda Lovelace
– Queens of Geek by Jen Wilde
– Saints and Misfits by S.K. Ali
So that’s fifteen (!) books including the ones I need to read for class, I read quite a few books last month so I’m going to at least try to be confident that I can finish all of these by the end of the month. What’re you planning on reading this month?